Dutton Recruitment (Sheffield Engineering) require:
An experienced Projects Engineer to join our client's team on a full time basis. Based at their Scunthorpe office your responsibilities will be as followed:
- Working with the Directors turning concept designs to a sales order.
- Carrying out customer site surveys.
- Working closely with the Works & Site Managers or Supervisors
- Liaising with the customer and sales throughout the project.
- Managing a team of site engineers during installation.
- Producing Method and risk assessments.
- Ensure Companies Health and Safety policy is adhered to.
- Ensure all works comply with the company's quality management procedures/system.
- Manage projects to the Customers' expectations, on budget and on time.
Salary: £40,000.00 to £42,000.00 per/annum
Working as part of a family engineering business providing project support to the site supervisors from start to finish on any given project.
It shall also be the responsibility of the Projects Engineer to ensure that all submissions are finalised on time and that they meet the clients expectations whist maximising our client's potential to win projects.
The roles requires a high degree of flexibility and initiative in order to provide key technical; and commercial support, to both clients and colleagues in preparation of pre-qualification document submission and / or post contract award support.
Above all, the Projects Engineer is expected to represent our client in a professional manner at all times - in person, via email and telecommunication.
- Prepare using standard spreadsheets, the proposal cost estimate including obtaining accurate costs as necessary.
- Compile contract specific reviews prior to the acceptance/acknowledgment of a purchase order and actively engage with all internal stakeholders required for project availability.
- Responsible for moving a qualified opportunity from the closed sales status, via a technical and commercial hand over process with the project team; provide continued varying levels of support where necessary.
- Perform a detailed review of enquiry documents to enable a full understanding of requirements to ensure all requirements are identified for inclusion or qualification.
- Ensure accurate documents, drawings and certificates are compiled and transmitted to the client to support the bid.
- Deal with contract variations via adherence to full change control process.
- Attend meeting with the client and take a proactive role in managing day to day issues/queries arising from the project design and commercial discussions.
- Ensure proposals are delivered within the required deadline maintaining a high standard, quality and accuracy whilst maintaining all objectives.
- To provide the client with the highest level of expertise, escalating technical and commercial issues of a more complex or serious nature to the Lead Proposal Manager/Divisional Director where necessary.
- To be responsible for completing lessons learned, helping to introduce improvements to working processes.
- Plan and organise schedules for the various opportunities ongoing at any one time in liaison with the client and internal stakeholders. Also work with the site supervisors as to help them with their day to day operations, from project planning to compensation events.
- Ensure that control over all relevant information and documentation is maintained by means of electronic and paper filling and organisation, such that it is always readily accessible.
- Ensure that health and safety standards are complied with at all times.
- Maintain compliance with our client's procedures and quality requirements both in the office and at their client's sites.
- Working to the schedule agreed for proposal completion which may involve unsociable hours including weekends as and when required.
Key personal attributes:
- Strong client focus - ability to operate at prime customer contact level.
- Ability to analyse information and accurately interpret the information and identify key points for requirements of proposals.
- Demonstrate a breadth and depth of engineering and construction knowledge.
- Self-starter, who can multi-task in a demanding environment.
- Strong analytical mind-set with excellent organisational skills.
- A strong willingness to accept ownership and responsibility.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as a part of a team.
- Must be flexible in approach to working with regards to international interface.
- Focused, disciplined, energetic and results orientated.
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively across multiple sectors.
- Hold excellent interpersonal communication skills, as well as honed presentation skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
The role is technically demanding working with bespoke software and hardware which requires a good level of commercial awareness. The relevant candidate should be able to demonstrate key engineering and IT knowledge. Below are examples of the necessary required skills:
- A minimum of five years' experience in a technical role preferably in an engineering environment.
- Relevant project delivery experience in a manufacturing and/or project based environment & have successfully managed projects across an organisation.
- Excellent negotiation skills, planning and scheduling and written and communication skills.
- Highly computer literate in the Microsoft Office products.
- Experience of a mechanical/structural steel fabrication engineering business and associated challenges.
- Documentation Governance.
How to apply:
In the first instance please forward a copy of your CV to [email removed] or for further information please call 0114 220 0888 opt.1 for Engineering.
Dutton Recruitment is working as an employment business on behalf of our client.