Applications for this job are closed.
Our client is looking to recruit a trainee or experienced technical service engineer to their expanding team.
A growing scientific instrument sales and service company providing innovative systems and emerging technologies to the UK pharmaceutical, environmental, life science, food, clinical and biotechnology markets is pleased to offer an exciting opportunity to enter this specialised field and join our team of service engineers.
Ideally you will have experience of working in a laboratory environment on HPLC, GC, Mass Spectrometry and other analytical instrumentation. You will need to show an aptitude for service and operation of this type of equipment however full training will be given at manufacturers sites in Europe and USA.
Location: Working from office or home
Field Service Engineer Area: Predominately covering the Home Counties & Cambridgeshire area, however some products may require travel throughout the UK. It is envisaged that 70% of role will be field service related. Therefore candidates need to reside within an hour commute of Bedford.
Field Service Engineer - Reporting to Service Manager
* Operation, maintenance and repair of all instrumentation supplied and supported by company
* To carry out on-site repair, calibration and service of laboratory equipment.
* Perform preventative maintenance and service to contract schedules
* Carry out on site installation and OQ to manufacturers protocols
* Represent company at exhibitions and scientific meetings throughout the UK.
* Assistance with marketing and web site administration
* Maintain test instrumentation and service documentation
* Work in accordance with all Health and Safety guidelines and Electricity at Work regulations.
* Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience but in the range £25K -£35K
* Contributory pension scheme
* Company bonus of approx 10% salary
* Company car allowance
* Mobile phone
* Portable computer
* Full set of tools and test equipment
BTEC, HNC or similar qualification in Electro-Mechanical Engineering or Science subject where practical skills are required. Ideally candidates would have worked on scientific instrumentation in medical, pharma or chemical industries and have HPLC and GC experience.
Experience of working with HPLC from any of the major suppliers and manufacturers would be of special interest.
Please apply ASAP.
Technical Engineer, Service Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Laboratory Engineer, Laboratory Technician, HPLC, GC, Lab Technician, Pharmaceutical