Applications for this job are closed.
Our major client is looking to recruit a Project Manager to their expanding team.
Our client has an elite international customer base and a worldwide reputation and due to business growth, are looking to recruit another Project Manager to deliver, technically challenging, high risk research and consultancy projects which meet the exacting requirements of their customers within a fast paced operational environment.
Reporting to the Head of Project Management, you will need to have a university degree or higher in a STEM/technically demanding discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics Degree) and a project management qualification, together with the experience, drive and enthusiasm to lead and motivate colleagues and establish excellent working relationships.
You will already have a track record of delivering multiple technical projects simultaneously and within demanding constraints.
To succeed you will require imagination, be competent in making critical decisions promptly, readily adaptable to rapidly changing circumstances, and tolerant of ambiguity - with a collaborative approach to problem solving, underpinned by strong interpersonal skills.
* Take full ownership of the project management assignments from bid to closure.
* Lead the project team to a successful project outcome, ensuring business' objectives and deadlines are met and within budget.
* Act as the first point of contact with clients and be accountable for delivering all project related products to the required standard on time and within budget.
* Lead and support the preparation of bids, with the input of the technical managers including: estimating; risk management; planning and presentation of the business proposals to the clients.
* Lead the project change management process working with the project team and the client to effectively manage changes to requirements, timescales and associated costs while protecting company commercial interests.
* Manage company resources effectively in order to ensure the successful delivery of the project.
* Support effective cash flow management with the input of the procurement and finance teams.
* Prepare and present regular project status reports to stakeholders, senior management and clients - highlighting issues with potential breaches and offering effective solutions to overcome them.
* Organise the preparation of the commercial and technical proposals with support from technical experts - ensuring that key assumptions and risks are made clear and that company commercial interests are protected.
* Support negotiations with customers and suppliers
Project Manager - Person Specification
* Proven experience of project leadership, ensuring that communications with colleagues, customers and suppliers are clear and consistent.
* Ability to understand customer requirements from a statement of work and prepare a product breakdown structure and resource estimate.
* Proven experience preparing a bid pack and supporting documentation including pricing estimate(s) and risk and opportunity register(s).
* University degree in a STEM/technically related discipline.
* A project management qualification and experience of project management methodologies and tools.
*Mostly Bedford based but occasional international travel and out of hours working will be required.
*All candidates must be able to satisfy security clearance requirements (including 5 years UK residency).
*We offer an exciting opportunity to be part of a highly successful team delivering cutting edge projects to global engineering customers
*Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package included. Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, up to 7% matched pension contribution.
Please APPLY ASAP!
Project Manager, Programme Manager, Engineering Degree