Dutton Recruitment (Sheffield Engineering) are recruiting for:
A Site Operations Manager for a permanent position for a client in Scunthorpe.
Immediate start available.
This position will be running our client's veterinary crematorium division.
- Ensuring drivers are issued with collection/delivery notes daily.
- Ensuring details are correct and that the run sheets include the correct orders/individual cremation returns details.
- Monitoring daily rounds and communicating instructions to drivers if necessary.
- Monitoring & reporting of staff absence & holidays.
- Completing site checks as stated in the Working Plan/Environmental Management System.
- Ensuring and recording staff issue & use of correct PPE (e.g. High Visibility coat; uniform; safety footwear; protective gloves)
- Compiling driver rotas and optimising vehicle routes.
- Gathering quotes and ordering fuel (Derv/Kerosene/Gas Oil)
- Recording all incoming waste including type & weight (in line with applicable regulations & Company Policy.)
- Ensuring collection drivers adhere to clients' site rules (E.g. speed restrictions, parking, access to buildings)
- Ensuring collection drivers check that wastes & carcasses are packaged correctly and are safe for transportation
- Ensuring that all waste collected is consistent with the waste description on the Waste Transfer Note / Hazardous Waste Consignment Note.
- Ensuring drivers ADR licences are in date and renewed as and when necessary
- Ensuring ADR Licences are carried at all times when transporting loads containing Dangerous Goods / Hazardous Wastes.
- Ensuring Instructions in Writing are inserted into fixed holder in van as soon as the vehicle is loaded with dangerous goods / hazardous waste.
- Ensure vehicles are correctly marked and equipped in line with ADR (E.g. Orange plates front, sides & rear).
- Reporting any dangerous occurrence, unsafe practice, near miss, accident, incident, or breach of company procedure or policy to the Health & Safety Manager in line with company procedure.
- Ensure scheduled work / rounds are completed.
- Ensure vehicles, cremators and any other items of mechanical equipment used on site are maintained and serviced on a regular and on-going basis.
- Ensure the site is kept clean, tidy and in good decorative order
- Undertake any training & development appropriate to the current & future needs of the business.
- Maintain a good standard of appearance & conduct.
- Deal with customers in a courteous/professional manner.
- Identify opportunities for improvements to operational procedures and processes.
Any other task that is reasonably required by the General Manager/Operations Manager.
- WAMITAB Level 4 High Risk Operator Competence for Managing Transfer of Hazardous Waste (HROC4) (formerly 4MTSHC or 4MTTHC) or evidence of participation in a current course in order that this qualification is obtained.
- ADR training certificate at least for class 6.2 "other than tanks"
- Knowledge of relevant legislation.
- Experience of healthcare waste transfer station and/or treatment facility at supervisory level or above
- Experience of logistics and route planning
- Experience of management of staff
- Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at different levels
- Able to energise, shape and direct a team to maximise motivation
- Able to support and develop staff
- Knowledge of Human Resources policies, tools and techniques.
Salary is around £30,000 per annum
How to apply:
In the first instance, send CV's and relevant qualifications to [email removed] or call the team on 0114 2200888 (option 1).
Dutton Recruitment are working as an Employment Business on behalf of our client.