Opportunity to join a well-established global manufacturing organisation who develop and manufacture industry-leading products for their marketplace.
The buyer will report into the supply chain manager on site and will take responsibility for the purchasing and procurement of a key product category while managing the inventory levels onsite and undertaking material planning duties
As the buyer your duties will include:
- Managing the timely flow of materials to support manufacturing requirements
- Identifying and resolving material supply issues
- Working closely with suppliers to develop/maintain excellent supplier relationships.
- Where appropriate migrating sourcing to alternative suppliers
- Maintaining the accuracy of data on the ERP system and undertake regular material requirements planning activities
- Working closely with stores and manufacturing to understand processes, investigate issues and improve material flow
- Supporting the New Product Introduction (NPI) process
To be a successful buyer you will need:
- Experience within a manufacturing environment
- Experience of purchasing electronic components and assemblies is highly desirable
- Familiarity with MRP / ERP systems
- Overseas purchasing experience
- Knowledge of import procedures and processes is highly desirable
- A level of CIPS qualification is desirable
In return, the buyer will receive a salary of £25,000-£28,000 (dependent on experience) + pension, life insurance, 23 days holiday + Bank Holidays, etc.
If you wish to be considered for the role, please click on the apply button.
By applying you are giving consent for Sigma Recruitment to contact you regarding this job and other jobs we are working on.