Dutton Recruitment (Sheffield Engineering) are recruiting for:
A Health and Safety/HR Manager for a permanent position in Retford.
Immediate start available.
This will be working for a client who specialise in the design and manufacture of conveyor systems.
Vast experience with in a HR and Health and Safety role is essential and an engineering/manufacturing background would be advantageous.
- HR Role
- Contribute to Management meetings - production planning
- Forecast training requirements
- Organising Training, keeping manual and certification up to date
- Conduct Appraisals (24 staff)
- Conduct regular 10mins get together with staff ensuring all is good
- Organising Contracts - keeping them up with legislation
- Organise and Monitor Health Surveillance checks
- Company Handbook - up to date with legislation
- Minor issues - lateness etc
- Work as a team with all Management
- Identify strengths and weaknesses bring this information to the Management Meetings
- H&S Role
- Contribute to Management meetings
- Ensuring everyone is working safely
- Organise Lola's - Fork lift trucks/Slings etc
- H&S Manual - up to date
- General Risk Assessments
- Assist the Production Manager/Appointed person when required
- Tool Box Talks
- Regular walkabouts to Check H&S etc
- Support H&S Committee and H&S Supervisor
- Committed continual improvement
- Occasional Site visits
- Monitor all Checks on Machines (Fork lift trucks/Vehicles etc)
- Audit general H&S responsibilities are carried out (First Aid boxes, tidy vehicles, completed PPE forms, Slings etc)
The successful candidate needs to be a strong character, with the ability to have empathy when required.
The Company has 9 employees who are IOSH trained so there is H&S support on the ground when needed.
Salary is £38,000 per annum
In the first instance, send CV's to [email removed] or call the team on 0114 2200888 (option 1).
Dutton Recruitment are working as an Employment Business on behalf of our client.